Just read Margaret Cho’s amazing post, Being Mad on Twitter. I wish I had time to detail all the ways I really appreciate this post and Cho as a troublemaker. Since I don’t, I want to make sure and archive it for later. For now, I just want to highlight a few themes for revisiting–all of which speak to my own vision of virtuous troublemaking and all of which Margaret Cho practices in her twitter exchange + blog post:
- valuing and refusing to suppress/hide/ignore rage and anger
- using twitter for authentic expressions (of rage, anger, love, strength, vulnerability) and truth-telling
- talking back and refusing to accept
- giving (self) care and expressing (self) love
- showing/modeling for others how to be brave, honest, refuse to accept hate, and kick ass!
I love this tweet: